Badly burned British couple rescued from ravine during Spain wildfires

Badly burned British couple rescued from ravine during Spain wildfires - BBC News
World News

Badly burned British couple rescued from ravine during Spain wildfires

- 3 min read - Source: BBC News
TOP SUMMARY

Badly burned British couple rescued from ravine during Spain wildfires - Published A British couple have been found down a ravine, badly burned and...

Related topics

Key points

  • Badly burned British couple rescued from ravine during Spain wildfires - Published A British couple have been found down a ravine, badly burned and semi-conscious, after being caught up in the deadly wildfires that tore through Spain's Almeria province, according to local media.
  • Hundreds of firefighters have been battling the fires, which have claimed the lives of 12 people including 4 Britons, and burned through 6,600 hectares (16,300 acres).
  • On Saturday the authorities said firefighters had made significant progress in getting the fires under control.
  • About 600 of the nearly 1,500 people evacuated from the fire zone in Almería province were told they could return, regional emergency chief Antonio Sanz said.

What happened

More photos

Badly burned British couple rescued from ravine during Spain wildfires
Badly burned British couple rescued from ravine during Spain wildfires

Badly burned British couple rescued from ravine during Spain wildfires - Published A British couple have been found down a ravine, badly burned and semi-conscious, after being caught up in the deadly wildfires that tore through Spain's Almeria province, according to local media. Hundreds of firefighters have been battling the fires, which have claimed the lives of 12 people including 4 Britons, and burned through 6,600 hectares (16,300 acres). On Saturday the authorities said firefighters had made significant progress in getting the fires under control. About 600 of the nearly 1,500 people evacuated from the fire zone in Almería province were told they could return, regional emergency chief Antonio Sanz said. With at least 12 people dead, this is already among the deadliest wildfires in Spanish history. French authorities said on Saturday 32 people had been arrested on suspicion of starting the fires.

Read full story (BBC News) Share on X Facebook WhatsApp

Related on this blog

Source: BBC News

Automated digest: summary generated from publicly available RSS + article pages.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post