‘Children of Blood and Bone’ Author Tomi Adeyemi Left Film’s Set ‘Sobbing,’ Calls It the ‘Worst Thing I’ve Had to Live Through’ and ‘I Never Want to Hear About It Again’

‘Children of Blood and Bone’ Author Tomi Adeyemi Left Film’s Set ‘Sobbing,’ Calls It the ‘Worst Thing I’ve Had to Live Through’ and ‘I Never Want to Hear About It Again’ - Variety
Entertainment

‘Children of Blood and Bone’ Author Tomi Adeyemi Left Film’s Set ‘Sobbing,’ Calls It the ‘Worst Thing I’ve Had to Live Through’ and ‘I Never Want to Hear About It Again’

- 4 min read - Source: Variety
TOP SUMMARY

Tomi Adeyemi, author of the novel “Children of Blood and Bone,” said the upcoming Paramount film adaptation of her book was “the worst thing I have ever...

Related topics

Key points

  • Tomi Adeyemi, author of the novel “Children of Blood and Bone,” said the upcoming Paramount film adaptation of her book was “the worst thing I have ever had to live through” and “I never want to hear about this project again” in a five-minute video posted on Wednesday.
  • Adeyemi, who co-wrote the screenplay for the film, had previously spoken out about how she wouldn’t watch the “Children of Blood and Bone” movie based on her African fantasy novel after being on set for its production.
  • “What I’m about to share is not a secret to the people involved,” she said in the social media clip.
  • But I also accept if I don’t say something, I think it’s just going to be worse.” Popular on Variety Adeyemi alleged that she left the “Children of Blood and Bone” set “hyperventilating and sobbing” and that she is “still being antagonized behind the scenes.” Representatives for Adeyemi, Paramount and director Gina Prince-Bythewood did not immediately respond to Variety’s requests for comment.

What happened

Tomi Adeyemi, author of the novel “Children of Blood and Bone,” said the upcoming Paramount film adaptation of her book was “the worst thing I have ever had to live through” and “I never want to hear about this project again” in a five-minute video posted on Wednesday. Adeyemi, who co-wrote the screenplay for the film, had previously spoken out about how she wouldn’t watch the “Children of Blood and Bone” movie based on her African fantasy novel after being on set for its production. “What I’m about to share is not a secret to the people involved,” she said in the social media clip. But I also accept if I don’t say something, I think it’s just going to be worse.” Popular on Variety Adeyemi alleged that she left the “Children of Blood and Bone” set “hyperventilating and sobbing” and that she is “still being antagonized behind the scenes.” Representatives for Adeyemi, Paramount and director Gina Prince-Bythewood did not immediately respond to Variety’s requests for comment. I knew it was so bad that I would never ever be able to watch this film, and I made peace with that.” “But as it is being marketed,” Adeyemi continued, referencing the trailer which launched on Tuesday, “And as I...

Read full story (Variety) Share on X Facebook WhatsApp

Related on this blog

Source: Variety

Automated digest: summary generated from publicly available RSS + article pages.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post