Iran warns U.S. of Hormuz ‘red line,’ says it will retaliate to Trump’s strike threats

Iran warns U.S. of Hormuz ‘red line,’ says it will retaliate to Trump’s strike threats - CNBC
Business

Iran warns U.S. of Hormuz ‘red line,’ says it will retaliate to Trump’s strike threats

- 5 min read - Source: CNBC
TOP SUMMARY

forces would target key Iranian infrastructure next week if a diplomatic breakthrough is not achieved. We're going to knock out all their bridges unless...

Related topics

Key points

  • forces would target key Iranian infrastructure next week if a diplomatic breakthrough is not achieved.
  • We're going to knock out all their bridges unless they get to the table and negotiate." In a statement published on Telegram on Thursday morning, a spokesperson for Iran's top military command said that if Trump's threats were implemented "everything that is still intact … that is, all the infrastructure in the region – will be crushed under the steel blows of the powerful armed forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran; so that no trace of them remains and it is as if they never existed in the first place." They added that "under no circumstances and in no way will we allow America, as a foreign and extra-regional country, to interfere in the Strait of Hormuz." "This is Iran's invincible red line," the spokesperson said.
  • launched strikes against Iran earlier this week in retaliation for commercial ships in the Strait of Hormuz coming under attack.
  • forces struck Iranian command centers, air defense sites, missile and drone capabilities, and coastal surveillance facilities to further degrade Iran's ability to threaten innocent mariners crewing commercial vessels transiting the Strait of Hormuz," Centcom said in a statement posted on X.

What happened

forces would target key Iranian infrastructure next week if a diplomatic breakthrough is not achieved. We're going to knock out all their bridges unless they get to the table and negotiate." In a statement published on Telegram on Thursday morning, a spokesperson for Iran's top military command said that if Trump's threats were implemented "everything that is still intact … that is, all the infrastructure in the region – will be crushed under the steel blows of the powerful armed forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran; so that no trace of them remains and it is as if they never existed in the first place." They added that "under no circumstances and in no way will we allow America, as a foreign and extra-regional country, to interfere in the Strait of Hormuz." "This is Iran's invincible red line," the spokesperson said. launched strikes against Iran earlier this week in retaliation for commercial ships in the Strait of Hormuz coming under attack. forces struck Iranian command centers, air defense sites, missile and drone capabilities, and coastal surveillance facilities to further degrade Iran's ability to threaten innocent mariners crewing commercial vessels transiting the Strait...

Read full story (CNBC) Share on X Facebook WhatsApp

Related on this blog

Source: CNBC

Automated digest: summary generated from publicly available RSS + article pages.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post