US and Iran exchange strikes after two US deaths in Jordan attack

US and Iran exchange strikes after two US deaths in Jordan attack - BBC News
World News

US and Iran exchange strikes after two US deaths in Jordan attack

- 2 min read - Source: BBC News
TOP SUMMARY

US and Iran exchange strikes after two US deaths in Jordan attack - Published The US launched another round of air strikes against Iran on Saturday night,...

Related topics

Key points

  • US and Iran exchange strikes after two US deaths in Jordan attack - Published The US launched another round of air strikes against Iran on Saturday night, targeting its coastal surveillance and air defence facilities, US military officials said.
  • US Central Command (Centcom) said forces successfully hit Iranian military capabilities, while Iranian state media said Qeshm Island in the Strait of Hormuz had been struck.
  • Centcom said it also targeted Iran's Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) responsible for the attack that killed two US troops in Jordan on Friday, where another service member remains missing.
  • In response to the latest strikes, Iran's army said it carried out drone attacks on two US bases in Kuwait, according to state media.

What happened

More photos

US and Iran exchange strikes after two US deaths in Jordan attack
US and Iran exchange strikes after two US deaths in Jordan attack

US and Iran exchange strikes after two US deaths in Jordan attack - Published The US launched another round of air strikes against Iran on Saturday night, targeting its coastal surveillance and air defence facilities, US military officials said. US Central Command (Centcom) said forces successfully hit Iranian military capabilities, while Iranian state media said Qeshm Island in the Strait of Hormuz had been struck. Centcom said it also targeted Iran's Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) responsible for the attack that killed two US troops in Jordan on Friday, where another service member remains missing. In response to the latest strikes, Iran's army said it carried out drone attacks on two US bases in Kuwait, according to state media. The US strikes, on the eighth successive night of attacks, were "designed to further degrade Iran's ability to threaten commercial shipping in the Strait of Hormuz", Centcom said. In a statement earlier on Saturday, Centcom said: "Two US service members in Jordan were killed in action as US Central Command (Centcom) and partner forces defended against Iranian ballistic missile and drone attacks.

Read full story (BBC News) Share on X Facebook WhatsApp

Related on this blog

Source: BBC News

Automated digest: summary generated from publicly available RSS + article pages.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post