US launches fresh strikes on Iran as Trump warns Tehran it 'better behave'

US launches fresh strikes on Iran as Trump warns Tehran it 'better behave' - BBC News
World News

US launches fresh strikes on Iran as Trump warns Tehran it 'better behave'

- 3 min read - Source: BBC News
TOP SUMMARY

US launches fresh strikes on Iran as Trump warns Tehran it 'better behave' - Published The US said it had launched a fresh wave of strikes against Iran on...

Related topics

Key points

  • US launches fresh strikes on Iran as Trump warns Tehran it 'better behave' - Published The US said it had launched a fresh wave of strikes against Iran on Wednesday as President Donald Trump warned Tehran it "better behave".
  • The US military said "Iranian military capabilities used to threaten vessels" moving through the Strait of Hormuz had been targeted, and that it had also fired on a ship attempting to violate its renewed blockade of Iran's ports.
  • "We'll find out whether we want to settle with them or if we just finish it off." Ghalibaf however said Iran's national security depended on Tehran maintaining "Iranian arrangements" in the strait.
  • Trump threatens to bomb bridges and power plants unless Iran resumes talks - Published16 hours ago The escalation in Trump's rhetoric came after he said a 20% toll he had threatened to impose in the Strait of Hormuz would be replaced by "massive" trade and investment deals with Gulf states.

What happened

More photos

US launches fresh strikes on Iran as Trump warns Tehran it 'better behave'
US launches fresh strikes on Iran as Trump warns Tehran it 'better behave'

US launches fresh strikes on Iran as Trump warns Tehran it 'better behave' - Published The US said it had launched a fresh wave of strikes against Iran on Wednesday as President Donald Trump warned Tehran it "better behave". The US military said "Iranian military capabilities used to threaten vessels" moving through the Strait of Hormuz had been targeted, and that it had also fired on a ship attempting to violate its renewed blockade of Iran's ports. "We'll find out whether we want to settle with them or if we just finish it off." Ghalibaf however said Iran's national security depended on Tehran maintaining "Iranian arrangements" in the strait. Trump threatens to bomb bridges and power plants unless Iran resumes talks - Published16 hours ago The escalation in Trump's rhetoric came after he said a 20% toll he had threatened to impose in the Strait of Hormuz would be replaced by "massive" trade and investment deals with Gulf states. A previous threat by Trump to bomb Iran's civilian infrastructure, which was made in April, drew condemnation at the time from UN human rights chief Volker Türk, who said: "Under international law, deliberately attacking civilians and civilian...

Read full story (BBC News) Share on X Facebook WhatsApp

Related on this blog

Source: BBC News

Automated digest: summary generated from publicly available RSS + article pages.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post