US launches seventh straight night of strikes on Iran

World News

US launches seventh straight night of strikes on Iran

- 3 min read - Source: Al Jazeera
TOP SUMMARY

US launches seventh straight night of strikes on Iran The US military says it is degrading Iran’s military but has been accused by Tehran of targeting...

Related topics

Key points

  • US launches seventh straight night of strikes on Iran The US military says it is degrading Iran’s military but has been accused by Tehran of targeting civilian infrastructure.
  • The United States Army has launched a seventh consecutive night of strikes on Iran, as a military adviser to the Iranian supreme leader warns of a full-scale offensive if US attacks continue.
  • In a post on X on Friday, US Central Command (CENTCOM) said the strikes began at 19:00 GMT (10:30pm in Iran) and were “designed to continue degrading Iranian military capabilities at the Commander in Chief’s direction”.
  • - list 2 of 3Satellite images show damage inside Iran’s Bushehr nuclear power plant - list 3 of 3Can the US and Iran reach a lasting deal to end the conflict?

What happened

US launches seventh straight night of strikes on Iran The US military says it is degrading Iran’s military but has been accused by Tehran of targeting civilian infrastructure. The United States Army has launched a seventh consecutive night of strikes on Iran, as a military adviser to the Iranian supreme leader warns of a full-scale offensive if US attacks continue. In a post on X on Friday, US Central Command (CENTCOM) said the strikes began at 19:00 GMT (10:30pm in Iran) and were “designed to continue degrading Iranian military capabilities at the Commander in Chief’s direction”. - list 2 of 3Satellite images show damage inside Iran’s Bushehr nuclear power plant - list 3 of 3Can the US and Iran reach a lasting deal to end the conflict? Iran to start ‘offensive operations’ if US attacks continue Earlier on Friday, Major-General Mohsen Rezaei, an adviser to Iran’s supreme leader, warned that Tehran will move beyond the military phase of deterrence and enter the phase of “offence and complete destruction” if US attacks do not cease. US attacks overnight on Thursday into Friday killed eight people in Iran, the country said.

Read full story (Al Jazeera) Share on X Facebook WhatsApp

Related on this blog

Source: Al Jazeera

Automated digest: summary generated from publicly available RSS + article pages.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post