At least eight killed in Israeli strikes on Gaza after Hamas agree disarmament deal
At least eight killed in Israeli strikes on Gaza after Hamas agree disarmament deal - Published At least eight people in Gaza have been killed in...
Key points
- At least eight killed in Israeli strikes on Gaza after Hamas agree disarmament deal - Published At least eight people in Gaza have been killed in overnight strikes which hit residential buildings, Palestinian officials have said.
- A spokesperson for the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), said it was targeting military operatives in Gaza, and two Hamas militants were killed.
- The Israeli Energy Minister, Eli Cohen, said on Sunday that no deal had been reached to stop attacks on the Gaza Strip, a territory now under 70% Israeli control.
- Palestinian health officials said two people, including a child, were killed in a strike on a residential building in Gaza City, while another person was killed near Jabalia in northern Gaza.
What happened
More photos


At least eight killed in Israeli strikes on Gaza after Hamas agree disarmament deal - Published At least eight people in Gaza have been killed in overnight strikes which hit residential buildings, Palestinian officials have said. A spokesperson for the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), said it was targeting military operatives in Gaza, and two Hamas militants were killed. The Israeli Energy Minister, Eli Cohen, said on Sunday that no deal had been reached to stop attacks on the Gaza Strip, a territory now under 70% Israeli control. Palestinian health officials said two people, including a child, were killed in a strike on a residential building in Gaza City, while another person was killed near Jabalia in northern Gaza. Last week, President Trump said the Board of Peace had reached an agreement for the "complete disarmament" of Hamas and other armed groups in Gaza. But Israel remains deeply sceptical about Hamas' willingness to give up its weapons or its control in Gaza.