Iran denies Trump's claim that new talks will begin on Monday

Iran denies Trump's claim that new talks will begin on Monday - BBC News
World News

Iran denies Trump's claim that new talks will begin on Monday

- 4 min read - Source: BBC News
TOP SUMMARY

Iran denies Trump's claim that new talks will begin on Monday - Published Iran has denied Donald Trump's claim that new talks on ending the conflict would...

Related topics

Key points

  • Iran denies Trump's claim that new talks will begin on Monday - Published Iran has denied Donald Trump's claim that new talks on ending the conflict would begin on Monday, after the US president called off what he said would have been "massive" strikes on the country.
  • It begins tomorrow afternoon." In an earlier post on Truth Social, Trump said he had been asked by Iran and US allies in the Middle East to "hold off" as the "perimeters" of a deal had been agreed.
  • In his remarks on Air Force One, Trump declined to outline a deadline for a deal to be struck with Tehran, adding: "We'll just see how it is.
  • "We were all set to go," Trump said.

What happened

More photos

Iran denies Trump's claim that new talks will begin on Monday
Iran denies Trump's claim that new talks will begin on Monday

Iran denies Trump's claim that new talks will begin on Monday - Published Iran has denied Donald Trump's claim that new talks on ending the conflict would begin on Monday, after the US president called off what he said would have been "massive" strikes on the country. It begins tomorrow afternoon." In an earlier post on Truth Social, Trump said he had been asked by Iran and US allies in the Middle East to "hold off" as the "perimeters" of a deal had been agreed. In his remarks on Air Force One, Trump declined to outline a deadline for a deal to be struck with Tehran, adding: "We'll just see how it is. "We were all set to go," Trump said. During his remarks on Air Force One, Trump said that the planned strikes would have been "the biggest attack since World War Two", and could have derailed prospects of a negotiated end to the months-long war. In his post on Saturday, he said the US was "locked and loaded and ready to go against the Islamic Republic of Iran, at levels of Military Terror, Strength, and Power not seen since World War II".

Read full story (BBC News) Share on X Facebook WhatsApp

Related on this blog

Source: BBC News

Automated digest: summary generated from publicly available RSS + article pages.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post