Massive Attack Addresses Singapore Concert Aftermath in New Statement
UPDATED: Massive Attack has addressed the aftermath of the Singapore concert in a statement posted to Instagram. The statement closed: “As we were saying...
Key points
- UPDATED: Massive Attack has addressed the aftermath of the Singapore concert in a statement posted to Instagram.
- The statement closed: “As we were saying … Free Palestine.” PREVIOUSLY: The two founder members of Massive Attack have been permanently barred from re-entering Singapore after unfurling a Palestinian flag during the British trip-hop group’s concert in the city-state, according to a joint statement from the Singapore Police Force and the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA).
- Popular on Variety The statement said police investigated both band members for “their actions of support for a political cause and unfurling of a foreign flag” during the show at The Star Theatre on July 29.
- “Both men will also be banned from re-entering Singapore,” the statement said.
What happened
UPDATED: Massive Attack has addressed the aftermath of the Singapore concert in a statement posted to Instagram. The statement closed: “As we were saying … Free Palestine.” PREVIOUSLY: The two founder members of Massive Attack have been permanently barred from re-entering Singapore after unfurling a Palestinian flag during the British trip-hop group’s concert in the city-state, according to a joint statement from the Singapore Police Force and the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA). Popular on Variety The statement said police investigated both band members for “their actions of support for a political cause and unfurling of a foreign flag” during the show at The Star Theatre on July 29. “Both men will also be banned from re-entering Singapore,” the statement said. According to the statement, the event organizer had acknowledged the licensing conditions attached to the concert beforehand, but both band members held up a “foreign flag” onstage during the performance, with one shouting “Free Palestine.” The IMDA said it is investigating a possible breach of several licence conditions, including one barring performers from displaying flags tied to any cause, and will act...
Related on this blog
- Urbanworld CEO Stacy Spikes Warns of Guilds Policing Filmmakers After WGA Pulls Sponsorship Over AI Initiative (EXCLUSIVE)
- Disney and ABC Ask FCC to Reject Petitions to Deny TV License Renewals, Say Agency Is Taking ‘Punitive’ Action Against Broadcasters Trump Dislikes
- CNN’s Kaitlan Collins Was ‘Not Surprised’ Trump Insulted Her in White House Correspondents’ Dinner Speech: ‘That Happens Pretty Regularly Inside the Oval Office’