More than 600 US military service members injured since Iran War began in February
More than 600 US military service members injured since Iran War began in February - Published At least 624 US military service members have been wounded...
Key points
- More than 600 US military service members injured since Iran War began in February - Published At least 624 US military service members have been wounded since President Donald Trump ordered strikes against Iran in February, according to the Pentagon's most recent update on 25 July.
- Last week, the Pentagon revised its figures on those injured and killed in the war, taking the names of four who died in Operation Epic Fury and moving them to the death count for Overseas Operations.
- On the Pentagon's Defense Analysis Casualty System, the death count for Operation Epic Fury, the name given to the initial attack, was listed at 18 as late as Tuesday, and 482 wounded.
- The four deceased soldiers' names now appear on Overseas Operations, which says it measures "casualties starting July 7th 2026".
What happened
More photos


More than 600 US military service members injured since Iran War began in February - Published At least 624 US military service members have been wounded since President Donald Trump ordered strikes against Iran in February, according to the Pentagon's most recent update on 25 July. Last week, the Pentagon revised its figures on those injured and killed in the war, taking the names of four who died in Operation Epic Fury and moving them to the death count for Overseas Operations. On the Pentagon's Defense Analysis Casualty System, the death count for Operation Epic Fury, the name given to the initial attack, was listed at 18 as late as Tuesday, and 482 wounded. The four deceased soldiers' names now appear on Overseas Operations, which says it measures "casualties starting July 7th 2026". It included the names of the four Army soldiers who died recently and counted 207 for those wounded. The name changes appeared to reflect the four US soldiers who died in July, after the interim deal signed by Trump last month began to break down, and after the president had declared the ceasefire with Iran was "over".